Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Holiday Magic

Even though it has been a few weeks since the holidays have passed, there has been occurance from this years holiday season that cannot seem to escape my mind. The older I have become, the more I consider the holiday season a stressful time rather than a happy one. The stress of spending more money than you should, and the realization that you didn't accomplish everything you wanted to that year is sometimes too much to handle. With that said, something happened to a close friend a few days before the new year that showed me and many others that there is ALWAYS a light at the end of the tunnel.

When I am back home I work at a hair salon as a shampoo assistand and receptionist. One of the ladys who does hair there, Jacey, is in her early 40's, and has a sister who is 21 who also works reception with me, her name is Tara. Jacey gave up a child for adoption when she was 20. She had been having a rough couple of weeks with family drama and other stressful occurances. She had cried a couple of times in the back room at the salon so I was really starting to feel her pain. A couple days before the new year, we had a young girl around 20 check in for a nail appointmen, and as she was leaving she handed Tara, Jacey's younger sister, an envelope and asked her to please deliver the note to Jacey at the end of the night.

As 9 p.m. rolled around, Jacey came up to grab her tips and as she did so Tara handed her the envelope. Within 30 seconds of reading Jacey became overwhelmed with emotion and started bawling hysterically and ran into the back room. The girl who wrote the letter turned out to be Erin, the child Jacey had given up for adoption 20 years ago. She letter stated how thankful she was for the fantastic life Jacey had given her, and offered her phone number in hopes Jacey would want to get to know her even more.

Jacey called her immediately after and they hung out consistantly over the duration of my break. Jacey even brought her out one night so I got to meet her! Ever since Jacey has had a different light about her. She walks more happily and just seems like a weight has been liften off her shoulders.

This was a story that truly touched my heart.  I honestly started to cry when I went in to work and found out what had happened. It just goes to show you that at the worst times in your life, it will always be followed by a beautiful light.

No comments:

Post a Comment